Personal Information (“Personal Information”) is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, address, telephone number, employment history, credit card number, email address, and other demographic information.“Personal information” does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
What Information We Collect
The information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Impact the Weekend’ Sites, the products and features you use, your location, and applicable law. However, the information we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you provide to Us
You (or your organization) may choose to provide Personal Information to us when you interact with our Sites, consult with our team members or contract for our services. For example, when you sign up to be on our mailing list, register to exhibit, attend or participate in our trade show, virtual networking, or other hosted event, provide information to be featured in our newsletter or other marketed content, digital or otherwise, or communicate with us in any other way.
- Personal Contact Information (such as your name, email address, phone number,
- Business Contact Information (such as your name, job title, organization, license number of your organization, location, email address, phone number, social media site, product information, insurance information, affiliated brands/companies, etc.)
- Marketing Information (such as your contact preferences);
- Account Log-In Credentials (such as your email address or username and password when you sign up for an account with us);
- Troubleshooting and Support Data (which is data you provide or we otherwise collect in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with us, and the product or service you are using related to your help inquiry); and
- Payment Information (such as your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and associated identifiers and billing address)
Information We collect automatically:
- Promotional Photos & Videos. If you participate in one of our events as a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor, buyer or visitor, photos and videos may be taken at the event which may feature participants. We may use those photos and videos for promotional purposes.
- Third Party Services. As mentioned above, we may allow you to link your accounts with Third Party Services such as Facebook and Twitter to our Sites (“Social Network Accounts”). If you link your Social Network Accounts to our Sites, we may receive information from the Third Party Service about you. Any information we receive from the Third Party Service will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Third Party Service and by the privacy controls you have set on your Social Network Account with that Third Party Service. The Third Party Service may also have access to information you provide to us or activities that you carry out on our Sites while logged into your Social Network Account with that Third Party Service, and this access will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Third Party Service and by the privacy controls you have set on your Social Network Account with that Third Party Service. We encourage you to review the policies of your Third Party Service before linking your Social Network Account.
- Email Communications. If you send us an email that we reply to, or have subscribed to our newsletter or a similar service that allows us to send you emails, we may receive email activity data from your email provider and may share it with Mailchimp, our mailing list management vendor. We use this data to understand and enhance our email communications and the Sites. If you do not want to receive email from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email we send to you. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain communications from us, such as administrative information regarding the Sites.
- Third Party Companies. We may obtain demographic and interest data from third party companies who specialize in collecting such consumer information. We use this data and combine it with other information we have about you to help us predict your preferences, to better direct the marketing efforts of us and our business partners, to improve our product development, and to help us better analyze user information for internal business purposes.
How We Collect Information
We use several methods to collect information from you. As mentioned above, we use Google Analytics to collect many types of Site usage information, and you can learn more about Google Analytics here. In addition, we may use:
- Device Identifiers. When you access our Sites via a mobile device such as a smart phone, we may collect data using or linked to unique identifiers that are assigned to your mobile device, which are called device identifiers. You can limit the use of device identifiers by accessing your device’s settings and limiting the use of device identifiers or resetting your device’s identifiers.
- GIFs. When you visit our Sites, we may collect data using clear GIFs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) and similar technologies. We may also use clear GIFs in our communications with you (such as emails) to track information such as whether you have received and opened our communication. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an email or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet, enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message. A clear GIF may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
- HTTP Referrer. When you visit our Sites, we may collect data using an HTTP referrer, which transmits information from a web browser to a destination webpage. HTTP referrers may contain information about the browser or operating system of the device that you are using to access the Site.
- Location Information. If you are accessing our Sites via a mobile device, we may collect your geographic location. You can limit our access to your geographic location by going to your device’s settings.
How We Use Information We Collect About You
- We use information we collect from you to provide you with access to the Sites and with other services and features. For example, if you subscribe to our mailing list, we may use your email address to deliver the mailing list. Other uses include:
- Maintaining and improving Site operations and service and content offerings hosted on the Site
- Personalizing and optimizing the content shown to you when you visit the Sites
- Administering to advertising, marketing, and promotional campaigns (run by us or by our business partners) for which you sign up or otherwise consent to participate in, such as sweepstakes, surveys, and special offers or announcements offered by us or by our business partners, and assessing and tracking effectiveness of these campaigns
- Administering networking services between you & trusted third parties organizations for direct or indirect business and marketing purposes
- Responding to user feedback and other user inquiries
- Processing a transaction that you initiate with us or with our business partners through the Sites
- Internal uses such as market and content offering analysis
How We Share Any of the Information We Receive
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Impact the Weekend Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our trusted Affiliates for business and marketing purposes in accordance with local data laws.
- Trusted Third Party Organizations. As a part of our networking services we may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties for direct or indirect business and marketing purposes in accordance with local data laws and where appropriate your permissions.
- If you use one of our virtual products, e.g. Virtual Networking, Exhibitions, Directory Sites, Webinars etc., or choose to allow your badge to be scanned at an event, we may pass the information you provide to third parties. Generally, this will be via a process whereby you, as the user, visit or interact with a third party, e.g. participate in a virtual meeting, visit a stand at an online exhibition, have your badge scanned or click on an asset branded and provided by a third party. In some instances, for example, a products listing site, you may reach out directly to a supplier or exhibitor, who may contact you in return. In other instances, our virtual products are sponsored and, in such cases, the data you provided to us will be given to the sponsor. Generally, we will let you know at the time of collection if a product is sponsored.
- Third Parties Receiving Aggregated Information. We may share or disclose your aggregated, anonymized or de-identified data with our service providers and business partners for business and marketing uses, including the development of business and marketing reports and strategy. These service providers and business partners may also share with us aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information about you so that we can develop business and marketing reports and strategy for them. We may combine the aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information we receive from our business partners with your Personal Information that we have collected, or with other information we have collected that in combination could identify you.
- Third Party Campaigns and Events. We may let you know via content posted to the Sites about advertising, marketing, or promotional campaigns or events run by third parties. The campaigns or events may involve third-party goods or services. You may participate in such a campaign or event via our Sites or on a different website that is linked to/from our Sites. If you participate in the campaign or event, we may share your Personal Information with these third party companies.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We use third-party service providers to provide certain products, services, and Site features on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards) and need to share your information with them to provide those products, services, or features to you. We require that our third-party service providers maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and do not use it for any reason except to carry out the functions that we task them to carry out.
- Third Parties Conducting Contests and Sweepstakes. If you have entered a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, we may share the information you provide with that third party for any purpose that you have consented to under the terms of the contest or sweepstakes. You should read the terms for participating in the contest or sweepstakes carefully, and should not enter the contest or sweepstakes if you do not agree to how your information will be shared or used under those terms. In addition, the privacy policies of such third party companies may apply to their use and disclosure of your information.
- Third Parties Involved in Protecting Us and Others. We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to: comply with a law, regulation, legal or regulatory process (including investigations), subpoena, warrant, or other legal order; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other Site policies; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and for debt collection.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security or your Personal Information.
The Sites are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for Site features.
If you are a visitor or user from the European Economic Area, we will only collect and use your personal data (as defined under Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”)) when we have a legal basis for doing so.
The legal basis on which we rely will depend on the type of personal data we collect and the specific context in which we are collecting it. We will make clear to you when we are collecting personal data from you, and when and as required under GDPR, we will request your affirmative consent to the collection of your personal data, prior to collecting it. We will also make clear to you when such collection of your personal data is required (for example, because we have a legal obligation to do so, or because we cannot provide a service to you without collecting your personal data), and what are the consequences of your declining to allow us to collect your personal data.
If you have any questions about our collection and use of your personal data, or requests to delete your personal data please contact us at email@example.com .
How You Can Opt-Out
If you have provided Personal Information directly to us by participating in our virtual matchmaking event, you may opt-out of having your information shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct or indirect marketing purposes by selecting the opt-out option on the Rate this Meeting questionnaire for each meeting. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have provided Personal Information as part of using your Social Networking Account with a Third Party Service, you must change or access your Personal Information via your Social Networking Account with that Third Party Service. You will not be able to access or change such Personal Information via our Sites.
If you want to limit the types of data that we collect about you via Google Analytics, you may be able to do so via Google’s functionality. You can find out more at Google’s site.
If you have provided Personal Information directly to third-party companies with whom we conduct business, you should also consult the privacy policies of these third-party companies for how your Personal Information may be used and how you may restrict its use or opt out of receiving communications from these third-party companies.
If you do not want to receive communications to your mobile device from us (such as text or SMS messages), you may opt out of these messages by replying “STOP” or following the instructions provided in the message.
If you do not want to receive push notifications on your mobile device about our Sites, you can go to your device’s settings and opt out of receiving push notifications from us.
If you are accessing our Sites via a mobile device and do not want us to collect your location information, you can go to your device’s settings and opt out of providing your location information to us.
Please note that some of the opt-outs described above use browser cookies or device controls, and are specific to the browser or device you are using to access our Sites. If you buy a new device, change browsers, or delete browser cookies, these actions can change your previous opt-out settings and you may need to opt out again. In addition, disabling all cookies may prevent you from using certain features on our Sites that require cookies to function.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy while using the Sites, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: December 01, 2021
Updated: December 01, 2021
Who we are
Our website address is: http://impacttheweekend.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.